Through leadership of Dr. Lee Roberson, God taught me the importance of personal, door-to-door soul winning.
Here are 12 reasons I believe we should win souls door-to-door in 2012…
- God has commanded us to preach the Gospel to every creature. We must go to them, we cannot simply wait for them to come to us.
- Door-to-door soul winning was how the N.T. church reached their communities with the Gospel. (Acts 20:20; Luke 9:1-6; Luke 10:1-7)
- Throughout the centuries, door-to-door soul winning has been proven to be an effective means of winning people to Jesus Christ.
- The fact that the unsaved are currently under the condemnation of God demands that we go to where they are and share the Gospel with them rather than wait for them to show up in a service.
- We will never get everyone in our community into our services, but we can go to everyone in our community with the Gospel.
- Door-to-door soul winning provides each church member the opportunity to personally share the Gospel with the unsaved, not just church staff members or those behind the pulpit.
- Door-to-door soul winning provides real life and current illustrations of the power of the Gospel and man’s response to the Gospel for sermons and Bible lessons.
- Door-to-door soul winning produces the confidence and courage to share the Gospel with the lost in other daily life settings.
- Door-to-door soul winning challenges the believer to study God’s Word more diligently to be able to answer questions and help folks they meet in the neighborhoods.
- The urgency of the hour demands that we be aggressive with our witness and get out to where the unsaved live.
- Door-to-door soul winning challenges our people to “step up” their commitment to the Lord Jesus and His Gospel.
- Regularly scheduled times of church-wide, door-to-door soul winning helps our church folk to discipline themselves to be active in sharing the Gospel with the unsaved.
Excuses for not going out into our communities with the wonderful Gospel of Jesus Christ are sinful and shameful.
The Bible’s commands and examples are clear, we are to go to each house, systematically, and earnestly with the soul saving Gospel of Jesus Christ. Let’s give ourselves anew this coming year to going to each and every house in our cities, towns and villages and share the Gospel with individuals, one-on-one.
Pastors, let’s be sure to train our people how to simply communicate the Gospel of Jesus Christ.