- Revival is very possible in the United States of America. It is in great spiritual darkness that God does some of His most miraculous works. The early church prospered exceedingly in a politically hostile environment.
- Favorable leaders are the RESULT of God’s blessing on a nation, not the CAUSE of God’s blessing on a nation. It is when we, His people, humble ourselves, turn from our wicked ways and genuinely pray, that God blesses a nation.
- Our commission as a church has not changed. We are to go into all the world and preach the Gospel regardless of how favorable/unfavorable our national leaders are toward our efforts.
- Our hope is still secure. God’s faithfulness to me is not conditioned upon the moral state of the nation I live in.
- Our foundation remains unshaken. The Word of God is STILL quick and powerful. Lets just continue to study it, live it and preach it!
- Persecution (which is much closer to being a real possibility in our land) was considered a great privilege and honor by the N.T. church. Acts 5:41, “And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.”