In Daniel 1:8 we read that Daniel “purposed in his heart” that he would not defile himself. This was Daniel’s resolution. He determined that he would not, under any circumstances allow himself to be compromised or corrupted. Though he was wise and tactful about it, his heart was resolved to do right.
Without elaborating, let me suggest 12 areas to determine to do right…
1. Daily Bible Reading. (Joshua 1:8, “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.”)
2. Daily Prayer Time. (Psalm 55:17, “Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice.”)
3. Faithful Church Attendance. (Heb 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.”)
4. Daily Prayer For Our Missionaries. (2 Thessalonians 3:1, “Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:”)
5. Consistent Soul Winning. (Proverbs 11:30, “The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, and he that winneth souls is wise.”)
6. Active Involvement In Church Ministries. (Psalm 2:11, “Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.” Psalm 100:2, “Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.”)
7. Keep My Heart, Mind, & Home Pure. (Psalm 24:3-4,”Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place? He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.”)
8. Loving My Family Members And Expressing That Love In Specific And Consistent Ways. (1 John 4:11, “Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.”)
9. Distributing A Specific Number Of Gospel Tracts A Day. (Acts 5:42, “And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.”)
10. Establishing Clear & Biblical Standards Of Separation From The World & To The Lord. (1 John 2:15-17, “Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.”)
11. Building Up The Faith Of My Brothers & Sisters In Christ With Gracious Words & Deeds. (Hebrews 3:13, “But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day;”)
12. Use My Time & Finances Wisely For The Glory Of God.(Proverbs 3:9 Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase:” Colossians 3:5, “Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time.”)
The victorious Christian life is a constant challenge that requires constant attention and determination. Let’s look to the Lord and determine that the rest of 2013 will be a year of spiritual growth and dedication to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.